Sunday, November 4, 2012

Komen Race For The Cure



 
Well, I did it! I ran my first 5K, and I ran the entire race.  It was quite an emotional experience for me since my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer this year. After her initial diagnosis, I knew that I wanted to run this race to honor her.  Throughout the course of this year, I have been amazed by her strength and resilience.  She truly is my hero...hence, the shirts. :)  I ran the race for my mom and for one of my other good friends who faced breast cancer this year. Thankfully, both of these incredible women are doing well today.  Anyway, the race was a wonderful experience.  I was so inspired with seeing all of these amazing women wearing pink survivor t-shirts.  Nobody's family is ever the same once a loved one has cancer.  I can say that our family is closer than ever, and I hope to always support causes that fight against breast cancer. To quote my favorite shirt seen at  the race, "Big Or Small, Let's Save Them All!"

No comments:

Post a Comment