Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Croup

Last night, Johnny and I were intiated into the parents who take their child to the ER at midnight club. Ava was coughing a little when we put her to bed, but as the night progressed, she became worse and worse. I had never heard that croup cough until last night. Her fever spiked to 103 degrees and the coughing kept getting worse. I tried taking her outside, as well as, holding her in the shower with steam. It seemed to help, but then, she started experiencing stridor at rest. We were so worried that we took her to the ER at Children's. Thank goodness for my sister, however, because she pulled some strings and got us seen quickly in the ER. It helps to have a sister at Children's Hospital who is a resident. After a long night, we finally went to bed around 3 a.m. Poor Johnny is at work right now while Ava and I are just trying to recover. The doctor said she would have that croup cough for about three days. What a long night!

A BIG thank you to Tricia and Chad for coming to the hospital just to make sure we were okay. Ava is lucky to have such a great aunt and uncle!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no!! I've heard about croup and everyone says you'll know it when you hear it. How scary! Hope she's feeling better soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she gets better soon. Bless her heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no, i'm so sorry! that had to be so scary for you. glad to hear everyone is home and recuperating...get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope little Ava gets to feeling better soon! We will be praying for you tonight!

    ReplyDelete